Senior Director of Product Management
Head of Product for Rubicon Project’s Innovation Lab, The Garage
- Head of Product for Project Awesome, a new product that improves the consumer experience of advertising. Managed a global of team of 7 engineers. Conducted customer discovery and consumer research to determine feature set. Created roadmap balancing needs of consumers, publishers and advertisers.
Media Coverage: Fast Company, MediaPost, Ad Age, Mashable
- Led a global team of 18, including Product Management, Engineering, Operations and Technical Account Management, for DSP Builder, a Platform as a Service (PaaS) for RTB ad buying. Successfully shepherded product from an alpha with one customer to a production offering with multiple customers.
Media Coverage: MediaPost, Ad Exchanger, CMSwire
- Managed product for innovative low latency Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offering, HFC2. Leveraging competitive analysis, established product roadmap to create differentiated offering. Took product from alpha to production offering with multiple customers. Product won Business Intelligence Group's Stratus Award for Hybrid Cloud.
- Led engineering, design and marketing efforts (team size of 6) for development and go-to-market of new a consumer marketplace application on iOS. Oversee development of marketing and advertising plan. Directed consumer research to determine customer need, product roadmap and launch markets.
- Created a staged innovation process for The Garage. Defined project phases and exit criteria for each phase. Build flexibility into the process so a concept’s path to market can be customized to its individual needs. Structured process to optimize for migrating successful concepts into business units.
- Launched a new developer portal company wide, centralizing developer and API documentation which improved developer experience.